Greetings! How would you like to win a lesson with me teaching you Chinese with Mike, via Skype? All you have to do is go to my Facebook or Twitter page (@chinesewithmike) and comment on the post about winning a lesson with me, saying why you want to learn Chinese. Simple! One person will then be selected at random from the entries and then we will get in touch with you to arrange a time and discuss the content of the lesson. The competition is open from 4th to 15th May and full terms and conditions are below. I'll also tell you about my new vocabulary flashcard app available on Written Chinese.
Win a Chinese with Mike lesson with Mike on Skype, May 2017
Terms & Conditions:
1 This is a prize draw for a lesson with Mike of “Chinese with Mike” on Skype. To enter, please tell us why you want to learn Chinese by commenting on our Facebook or Twitter post.
2. The winner will be selected at random from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by David Shanks, whose decision will be final.
3. The winner may see their entry posted on the Hodder & Stoughton Ltd (hereinafter the ’Company’) website and on other websites and social media accounts.
4. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
5. The prize draw opens at 5 pm GMT on 04/05/2017 and closes at 11:59 pm GMT on 14/05/2017. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
6. The prize draw is open to anyone aged 16 or over in the world except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families. If the winner is under 18 years of age, the winner will be asked to have his or her guardian complete waivers, consent forms and/or other documentation as prerequisite for being awarded the prize.
7. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
8. We reserve the right to use all the submissions received on our website, our Facebook pages and on our other social networking sites. We will try to include the name of the entrant but this may not always be possible.
9. The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
10. The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the prize draw without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
11. The winner’s name will be published on the Chinese with Mike Facebook and Twitter accounts on 15/05/17. The winner will then be contacted via social media and asked to email the company to arrange the date and time that the lesson will take place over Skype. The lesson must take place by the end of September 2017.
12. The Company will make available the name and county of the winner to anyone who requests this information by writing to the following address John Murray Learning, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
13. The email addresses of entrants may be shared with companies within the Hachette group of companies but will not be shared with other companies outside the Hachette group. It will be used by the Hachette companies to send you news about books, products and promotions. You will be given the option of opting out in those emails if you don’t want to receive any further news.
14. By entering the prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. This competition is being organised by John Murray Learning, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
16. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.